Monday, August 13, 2007

Welcome to the Peace Canoe Blog!

My family and I are in the process of building a Chesapeake Light Craft Peace Canoe!
I thought I would blog what we are doing and give you my opinions on the building process and the final product.

So far we have unpacked the kit, assembled the side panels with their butt plates, assembled the floor with the butt plates and the keel and laid the chine log and sheer clamp onto one of the side panels. We did this in about 7 hours of my time, a couple of hours of my wife's time and a couple of hours of a neighbor's time. Larkin, my (almost) five year old helped and Phin, the one year old supervised.

Below are some of our pictures of the first day.
I will keep adding pictures and descriptions as we make progress. I will leave the blog open for comments so that people can trade their experiences, leave tips for others and just enjoy the overall community of Peace Canoeists out there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello everyone. I'm really into shoes and I was searching for that exact make. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are all over 210 dollars on every page. But for all I set this location selling them for half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what can you tell me about these?

Cheap Jordans said...

This blog makes me realize the energy of words and pictures. It's very beneficial for me, Thank you for sharing!

New Jordans said...

I just ran across your wonderful blog today.It's very beneficial for me, Keep coming up with ideas.